Intro to Freediving
The Apnea Total Discovery course is a basic 1-day introduction to freediving. It covers all the topics of the first day of the Freediver Course, such as equipment, equalisation, duck dives, finning and body position, as well as breathing and relaxation techniques.
After a 2-2.5 hour theory session, where you will be introduced to all the basic concepts and practice relaxation and breathing exercises, you will be guided through a roughly 2-hour open water session by our instructor.
You can reach up to 12m depth in this course.
This is not a full beginner course, but will give you a good idea of what freediving is like and suitable for those with limited time. You can at a later stage continue with the second day of the Freediver Course to gain a full certification.
Included: Instructor, all equipment, PDF theory document, boat use (if necessary)
- Introduction to freediving and the different disciplines
- Duck-dives – Effective underwater entry technique
- Kicking technique
- Equalisation techniques
- Breathing techniques
- Basic safety
- Buoyancy Check
- Practice of efficient breathing technique in the water
- Free Immersion dives & technique
- Practice of Constant Weight dives & technique
- Practice and correction of body positioning
- Freedives on the dive-line to a maximum depth of 12 metres
Must be able to independently swim 200m with or without fins.
Minimum age: 14 years